Welcome to 3rd Grade!

Welcome to 3rd Grade!

Monday, August 28, 2017

Peyton’s First amazing Trip To New York

Peyton’s First amazing Trip To New York
By:  Peyton B

Over the summer I went to New York for the very first time it was amazing!   We each had to pack our own bag.  We drove at night to the airport and flew on the plane for about 5 hours to Newark, New Jersey.

IMG_3003.JPG
We took a bus to our hotel which was in Times Square it was called Crowne Plaza.  We got to our hotel room we took a nap because we were so tired from the plane ride. We arrived at about 6am in New York and 3am California time.
IMG_3007.JPG
On our first morning it was August 2nd it was also my sister Kennedy’s 10th birthday.  We went to the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Broadway Play.  The music and the performers were awesome.

IMG_3029.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG


After the play we went to a three story Olive Garden!  The food was delicious!  The servers gave Kennedy a dessert and they sang Happy Birthday to her.  We walked around Times Square.  While we were walking around we stopped at H&M, the Disney Store and a few gift shops.
 
IMG_3038.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

The second morning we went on a double decker bus to see the Empire State Building.
IMG_3083.JPG

We were able to go inside and we went to the observation deck which was on the 86th floor.  The view was outstanding!


IMG_3106.JPG


IMG_3105.JPG

After that we took the subway to Central Park to ride a horse drawn carriage.  It was so much fun!  Kennedy and I fed the horse carrots and it slobbered all over our hands.
IMG_3178.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG

That night we took another double decker bus and we took a night tour of the city.  There were lots of lights and it was so pretty.  


After the tour we went to a restaurant called Junior’s.   My family and I had a great dinner.   Kennedy, my mom, and my dad had a raspberry swirl cheesecake.

IMG_3209.JPG

They said it was DELICIOUS!
 
Then we went back to Times Square.  We took some pictures and went to the M&M Store and the Hershey’s Store.  
IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3040.JPG


IMG_3055.JPG

The third morning we rode a taxi to a ferry.  On the ferry they gave us a tour  about all the buildings.
IMG_3290.JPG
 Then after a few minutes we saw the Statue of Liberty.  We went all the way around it!  
IMG_3271.JPG
It was magnificent!
IMG_3275.JPG
On the first stop of the ferry we got off and we took a taxi to Georgetown Cupcakes!  Have you ever seen DC Cupcakes on TV?  Georgetown Cupcakes was their second location.

IMG_3258.JPG

 We went inside and Kennedy, my mom, and my dad each had a cupcake.   Kennedy got a pink lemonade one, my mom got a coffee one,  and my dad got a chocolate one.

IMG_3264.JPG
 We went back on the ferry and finished the rest of the tour.  When the tour was over we got off and took a taxi back to the hotel we packed our bags and we took a bus back to the Newark, New Jersey airport.

We flew back on the plane for another 5 hour flight.  We got back to the Sacramento airport at about 1:00 in the morning.  I was so tired.  
IMG_3316.JPG

I had so much fun on my trip.  I hope you enjoyed my blog.

22 comments:

  1. Dear Peyton I loved your blog it was great. How long was that trip ago ? Did you have fun? In the picture it looked like there was a stack of suit cases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cooper,
      My trip was on August 1-4. Yes I had so much fun. The stack of suit cases was in the Sacramento airport.
      From,
      Peyton

      Delete
  2. Hello Peyton,
    did you go into the Statue of Liberty?
    Cedrus has been in it.
    What was your favorite thing to do?

    by:Noah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peyton,
    I hope you enjoyed your trip i have been to N.Y.C it was so fun!did you have fun?there seems to be a lot of suitcases lol!
    from kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kelsey,
      I had so much on my trip. The suitcases were inside of the Sacramento airport

      Delete
  4. Dear Peyton, I bet your trip was AMAZING!!! And was the Hotel room nice? what was your favorite part? From Erik,

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi peyton,what other things did you do whit your family did you got to wath a movie with your family if you got to wath a movie can you tell me.from Marco

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Peyton
    How was your trip?That was a lot of luggage on the last picture LOL.The statue of Liberty looks awesome I wish i was there.from cutie puppy jada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Peyton,
    I really want to go to NYC because I want to go see the Statue of Liberty. Did you get any gifts? I've been in a Disney store. I had a cupcake before. have you ever touched the Statue of Liberty? I been on a ferry before. I want to feed a horse. how many suitcases do you think there are in that tower of suitcases? what did you do when you were on the air plane? If I was on the 86th floor I would be so scared. Your blog was super duper out of this world blog.
    From:
    David

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Peyton
    i have been in the statue of liberty
    Did you go in the statue of liberty?
    I also had a big pile of bags behind me.

    by:Cedurus

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear Peyton
    how was your trip? so cool that you got to go to NYC, have you ride a horse? i like your picters.

    from zachary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Peyton Your trip looks good. Was the cheesecake good? I wish i was there. I hope you
    enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Peyton
    Your trip sounded so fun! I wish I could go to new york.How did you see the statue of liberty?
    Sincerily

    Juan Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Peyton,
    Your trip looks so amazing! I think my dad went in the statue of liberty.I've been to Georgetown cupcakes but in Washinton DC. When you were feeding the horses hw many carrots did you feed them?
    From
    Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey peyton
    whats your favorite color? Your Blog looks cool. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI PEYTON
    it...its...AWESOME!was it a motel or a hotel?it seems so awesome there.nice touch with the golden ticket. love the sol. (statue of liberty)did you get sick on that trip?i want to go there so bad!
    your friend for a few months
    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Peyton your pictures are AWESOME! and cute I bet it was fun there! ���� i nevr gon to new york...���� OK BEY BEY!! love Jazzlyn����

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear peyton
    Your trip looked like fun.I have also seen the statue of liberty but on youtube.what did you get at the disney store?I hope you had a great time.I wonder what it loks like around NYC? from jaykob

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello peyton,it sounds like you had a great time. I remember the time I went to New York did you go inside the sattue of libirty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Peyton,
    I like the picture of the statue of liberty.It was really cool. Just looking at that cupcake makes me hungry. One day I wan't to go to New York.
    Sincerly,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Peyton,

    Do you know why the bags are stacked that way behind you?
    Your trip looked super cool.

    ReplyDelete

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
~Ms. Steinlein